16, July, 2002
We launched several enahncements during June and early July, although the focus currently is on the logo FINAL ballot
- Sites can now be activated immediately once they test PASS/PASS_L provided the ring is set for auto-management (if not, the ringmaster approves sites manually anyway).
- We've enabled polls for rings. You can run a generic system poll or develop your own. Try it out!
- We've introduced a ring navigation rating, which many have been asking for for years. It is a measure of how easy it is for users to surf a ring. You can read more about it here.
- Joining a ring has been altered to provide a drop-down selection of URLs you already have on file. This should help speed the process and cut down on errors.
- We started a campaign to get members to support WebRing by allowing them to suppress ads while they use WebRing with a one-time $5 contribution. The ad suppression is not the object so much as getting support. WebRing needs support from members to prosper. You can read more here.
Some things on the front and back burner:
- Navigation code wizard - Is still lurking out there. The programmer working on it has a day job so it is moving slowly.
- ring manager choice whether PASS_L is OK for their sites. We sort of need to provide a better way to assist people in getting the code working in order to launch this, but it's out there.
- Forums - community spots to exchange information in a more temporal way than through web pages. Stay tuned.
WebRing is a Community supported system
If you value WebRing and feel you can benefit from an even better system, then we seek your support. If this does not appeal to you then you may ignore this request. We'll still offer the best service and support whether you contribute or not.
Interested in supporting WebRing? Use
or use the link below to contribute using PayPal.
|| ||OR, if you prefer you can send a check or money order to:|
1257 Siskiyou Blvd, #1153
Ashland, OR 97520
The WebRing Team
The prior status page can be viewed here.
PS - For those that have contributed to WebRing, Thank You! We've updated your accounts. If you check and feel there are errors - please contact us!