Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Storytelling Ring - Welcome to The Storytelling Ring! Sites throughout the WWW featuring Storytelling resources, organizations, events, and

Forums     Login   Signup

The Storytelling Ring

Manager: system2
Sites throughout the WWW featuring Storytelling resources, organizations, events, and the tellers themselves. All dedicated, at least in part, to the vocal art of telling stories. Enjoy!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

True Tale: La Maudite - 02/25/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZLCK41jhuKU/USw9G3QgQQI/AAAAAAAAC2I/dG8WxU2Ie-k/s200/dsc_0023.jpg

Last Sunday, I was telling tales at Hurley's Irish Pub in Montreal. Mike Burns usually tells tales on the last Sunday of each month, but he was away in February and he asked me to fill in for him, and I was more than happy to do so. I was able to record the entire show and, with some minor editing, I ended up with some fine recordings. Today's story post is an original piece which takes the form of a personal story. I've been telling this story for years in my social circles, but now I present it to you. This is a pre-amble (or pre-ramble) to the telling of my version of La Chasse Gallerie , which I posted a version back in December of 2012 . For those of you who do not know French, "Maudite" means damned and "La Chasse Galerie" means "The Bewitched Canoe" or "The Flying Canoe". WARNING : I do use a curse word in this story, but it only happens once and is used for effect. Maudite (2:11) written and told by JD Hickey

True Tale: La Maudite

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy