Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Storytelling Ring - Welcome to The Storytelling Ring! Sites throughout the WWW featuring Storytelling resources, organizations, events, and

Forums     Login   Signup

The Storytelling Ring

Manager: system2
Sites throughout the WWW featuring Storytelling resources, organizations, events, and the tellers themselves. All dedicated, at least in part, to the vocal art of telling stories. Enjoy!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Yuletide Story: The Devil's Canoe - 12/07/2012
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-MfTCc-t_rO4/UMI6iwBN3iI/AAAAAAAAC0c/iT51dpGWoPY/s320/Lachassegalerie.jpg

People often ask me if I ever tell original stories or if I ever write my own stories. I usually bristle at this question, as if it suggests that I'm just parroting other people's stories word-for-word. When I  find a story I like, it goes through a transformation as I learn it, change it, drop details, add new details, and slowly make it my own. You may be able to see a thread in the story that connects it to its traditional source, but the story I tell is mine . That being said, this is a story that I wrote. I wrote it around the classic Quebecois story La Chasse Galerie , but the presence of the devil's canoe as a plot-device is the only thing I re-used. The rest of it is my own creation. I don't tell this story often enough, mainly because it's a story I associate with this time of year. It was recorded before a live audience at Chateau Ramezay in Old Montreal in December of 2010. The Devil's Canoe (11:35) told by JD Hickey

Yuletide Story: The Devil's Canoe

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy