Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Slot Car Racing Web Ring - Dedicated to the hobby of scale slot car racing and collecting. This ring covers all scales of electric slot cars includ

Forums     Login   Signup

Slot Car Racing Web Ring

Manager: slotcargarage
Dedicated to the hobby of slot car racing and collecting. This ring covers all scales of electric slot cars including 1/24, 1/32, and HO plus all the other odd scales.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The model:
I am holding in
- 11/29/2012
The model:
I am holding in my hands the Racer Slot Cars model of my old Ferrari GTO, s/n 3223 GT, the very first 250 GTO built and introduced in 1962.

I am not a "slot racing guy", but I spent many, many hours in the driver's seat of the original car.
I want to tell you and your fans that this 1/32 model of it is "Molto bello"!

It is absolutely right - beautifully executed, with mechanical detail and livery that are perfectly accurate.  And topping it off is the controversial "Al Hodges  Cocoa, Fla." logo from the 1964 Daytona 13-Hour race, the first ever such sponsorship advertising on a GT Ferrari.  (In the days of "gentleman drivers", sponsorship existed, but it was scorned and never displayed.)

Racing and winning:
For those who may be interested, we finished 11th in that race and went on to finish 27th OA and 3rd in Class in the Sebring 12-Hours the following month.  We ran the car for 3 seasons, and won 1st in Class in the 1966 Daytona 24-Hours.  3223 GT was the first GTO and also the last one racing in FIA enduro competition - an amazing record.

The original car has been fully-restored to its 1966 condition, and won "Best 50th Anniversary Ferrari GTO", and "Most Elegant Sports Car" honors at the 2011 Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance.

My hat is off to Marco at Racer for offering this memorable icon in working model form.

Larry
--
Larry Perkins
SCULPTOR
8871 Green Meadows Dr.
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126
Studio: 303-471-6923
Mobile: 303-868-6670
www.kencarylartguild.org

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy