Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Science Fiction Creators Webring - Like to read? Like to watch? Like to listen? Navigate the Science Fiction Creators Webring. Member sites have original s

Forums     Login   Signup

Science Fiction Creators Webring

Manager: admins
Like to read? Like to watch? Like to listen? Navigate the Science Fiction Creators Webring. Member sites have original stories, comics, artwork, fan fiction, radio drama, readings and other digital works. Add your site to our webring, or share your original works on our Webring home. sfcreators.com

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Technology Prediction Hits and Misses - 08/16/2012
It occurred to me that, since around the year 2000 when I was writing Penna the Alien Earthling, technology has advanced further than I had anticipated in some areas—and not advanced as far as I had anticipated in other areas. Case in point is the "picture phones." I had envisioned then that most people in 2015 (the time frame of "Penna") would still have traditional "land lines"—but they would be terminated with advanced video phones that sat on an end table or other convenient place in the house. The advent of mass migration to wireless mobile phones as one's primary all-purpose number, with the capability to video chat over mobile IP connections, was never in my imagination during the writing of "Penna." In the scene where Nancy Borg and Harold Klein were stalking Penna and Ricky, all the while pointing a mobile camera at them, I imagined a specialized device with a dedicated telecommunications link. In the real world of 2012, a...

Technology Prediction Hits and Misses

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy