Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
LARGE FAMILIES WebRing - These sites belong to families who have 5 or more children, through birth, through adoption, or through foster care. The

Forums     Login   Signup

LARGE FAMILIES WebRing

Manager: webusiness
This webring is made up of families who have 5 or more children, through birth, through adoption, or through foster care. These websites will offer encouragement, support, ideas, information on adoption, and/or anything else that affects large families.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Start your Own Seedlings: Is it Worth It? - 03/28/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--9Xi6YjgYdw/UVB7ZQQsTFI/AAAAAAAACBE/HS0OP-zDz1M/s640/DSCN0834.JPG

I think so. But I think that doing everything myself is going to cost less. And that isn't always the case.  It means a lot to me to see each seed as it goes into the dirt, thinking about it's outcome and where in the garden I plan to set it's roots down, pleasantly remembering the mistakes and successes from the year before, and as always trying to answer a million questions from the kids. I decided this year as I was dropping the little tiny seeds into the dirt that I'd see if this actually was cost effective and not just self gratifying. It is a bit of work to do. I don't really consider my hours when I do a project like this, so I am not going to count the cost for my time. But my time did consist of:  Considerable time spent choosing the right seed catalog that was at least reasonable and most natural.  Choosing the right potting soil - freaking out after reading the ingredients on some of my choices - opting for the organic. (note: potting soil not seed starter mixes - an unnecessary feature). Bleaching the pot trays, recycled pots, and seedling trays. Filling the seedling tray with dirt and doing actual first planting. Setting up the lights and trying to be agreeable with spouse, direct but not too bossy...this was so hard and took lots of time. Watering and checking several times a day - the light shelf is placed in a well trafficked area, I didn't have to go out of my way to peek in on things. Adjusting lights and daily brushing new plants as growth o...

Start your Own Seedlings: Is it Worth It?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy