Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Quilting Sites - Welcome to Quilting Sites. A Quilter's Dream!   It is a collective of people whose pages involve quilting, quilt ar

Forums     Login   Signup

Quilting Sites

Manager: wr__tj
This is a ring for quilters around the world. Many different sites, including quilt artists, quilt shops, pattern makers and designers.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Butterflies Complete for Little Girl's Row Quilt - 04/22/2013

I finished the applique butterfly row I am contributing to the row quilt my friends and I are making.  I selected the following stitches from the TAST challenge for the butterfly antennas. TAST #14 - Whipped Stem Stitch TAST # 15 - French Knots TAST #43 Whipped Magic Chain TAST #33 Pekinese Stitch TAST #9 Couching I embellished the bodies with  fancy stitches from my new machine; I used a different stitch for each butterfly.  It was fun to try to coordinate the stitch with the butterfly.  I particularly liked how the round design on the purple body mimics the circles on the fabric. I had lots of fun with this project and I'm fairly pleased with how it turned out.  I was inspired by a video of  Ira Glass  on creativity on a post over at The Unbroken Thread .  Glass encourages beginners like me to just do the work of creativity, to set goals and even deadlines.  It's a new approach, but it worked for me in this case.  It's easy to get paralyzed by having too many choices to make on a project like this, so surprisingly, having a self-imposed deadline really helped.

Butterflies Complete for Little Girl's Row Quilt

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy