Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Jane Austen WebRing - Find in this WebRing sites pertaining to all aspects of the life, works and times of the incredibly modern novelist Jane

Forums     Login   Signup

Jane Austen WebRing

Manager: genessa
A collection of websites about Jane Austen and her works.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Cover Reveal and Excerpt: Steampunk Darcy: A Pride and Prejudice Inspired Adventure - 09/24/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5mUNjlf-R-c/UhOJZiJcWXI/AAAAAAAAB-M/l5XEcQ1ZZwA/s400/Steampunk_Darcy_Cover_MEDIUM_WEB.jpg

Alright everybody. Here's my new cover. What do you think? Designed by the talented JD Dixon White Soup Press What kind of impression do you get from the cover? Thank you for following me here to my blog! Please remember to sign up to receive news, updates and posts. Now, exclusively here on  My Steampunk Darcy Realm , I'm posting the first teaser extract from the novel.   Excerpt Chapter 1 Alright, Mr. Hoity-Toity. This had better be good. I’m risking skin and bone to get here. The door opened and she strode into—. Whatever it was, it wasn’t an office. It was an emporium, a museum and the Great Exhibition of 1851, complete with Victorian gents and ladies who had the glazed look of trophy animals. Except that the Victorians were standing around instead of hanging on the wall. “Are these actual people? Did you have them stuffed and embalmed?” she asked, by way of greeting, “Or are they wax figures, like Madame Tussauds?” In the gloomy gas lamp-lit interior, she couldn’t tell which one of them was William Darcy until he stepped forward and bowed. “Welcome to Longbourn Laboratories, Miss Grant.” The smirk fell off her face. Raven black hair with a green swirl draped over his left eye. Silver eyes like the sheen of a dagger.   Gorgeous was not the right word for him. Gorgeous was a word invented for ordinary mortals. This particular specimen was splenderous . She didn’t know if it was a real word but it was the right one. For...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy