Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Beyond Madness - Beyond Madness, created in 1996, is a ring dedicated to bringing together web sites dealing with any type of mental illn

Forums     Login   Signup

Beyond Madness

Manager: alicorna
Beyond Madness, created in 1996, is a ring dedicated to bringing together web sites dealing with any type of mental illness and mental health in general. This includes, but is not limited to, sites concerning depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety, panic disorder, mania, personality disorders, eating disorders, schizophrenia, PTSD, and adult attention deficit disorder.

It is the hope of the ring manager that this ring will provide healing, resources, and a sense of community to those who are affected by these illnesses.

The image used for the ring logo is "Insanity" by Władysław Podkowiński (1866-1895).

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Curly Girl - 06/02/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YgIv8j19Vcs/UantCX9jHGI/AAAAAAAACbo/HQCn1zU_3r8/s320/curly.jpg

I have naturally curly hair. I have fought with it for most of my life because I grew up with girls who had straight hair. I envied them. I straightened my hair a lot. Damaged it by bleaching it. I never knew how to take care of curls. About a month ago I got curious and spent some time on Google. It lead me to a site, naturallycurly.com, where there I learned of the curly girl method. The no-poo method. Cowashing and oils and sulfate and silicone free products. It's definitely different. My hair has been transitioning and it is taking a little longer than I would have liked. I've seen before and after pics of people who it only took a few weeks to achieve awesome results, but I have been at this for a month and I have only had about 2 days of what I would like to call wonderfully curly hair. Other days I get straggly, thin curls. It doesn't look bad, but it doesn't look this good. Here are my results after a few weeks: I love the soft look of my curls. Every other time I have tried to get this look, they have dried with a wet look. Probably because I put too much coconut oil and that stuff doesn't wash out easily with conditioner. I regret it, and it has been day 3 since I have used it, and it still has that yucky petroleum feel to it... so I doubt I will be using that again. I did like the way my hair looked when styled with that product though, it just isn't what I want for every day. I want this! Big soft curls! I haven't shampooed my hair in almost a month. Does that sou...

Curly Girl

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy