Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Vegetable Gardening - Vegetable gardening sites: personal, academic and commercial devoted to the topic of vegetable gardening , privately and

Forums     Market     Login   Signup

Vegetable Gardening

Manager:
Untitled document

Vegetable Gardening and Allotment (UK Community Gardens dedicated to vegetable growing) sites on the Web. Sites cover all aspects of veg growing, organic produce, compost making. Initially composed of UK sites but includes global links.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Cleaning Before Winter - 08/26/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Agye8Y1IrTI/UhuyQU5u0cI/AAAAAAAAD8A/6FGffvRb3bg/s320/DSCF1028.JPG

Another week or so of warm and mainly sunny weather has seen me continuing to clean vegetable bed 2 on N2 Plot, for several hours on a daily basis. With only 1 day with some evening and overnight rain the ground in general is dry and parched still. Number 2 bed is approximately fifty percent cleaned out of weeds roots and stones down to 1 spits depth, this being the depth of topsoil before reaching the rock hard sub-soil level. Due to the vast amount of weed roots and "withey vine" infesting the bed I decided to start off by removing the top soil, forming a trench, then breaking down the large clumps of soil, filtering out the weeds and then moving the soil up the bed until the next trench was dug out. Similar to double digging but without the depth of topsoil. Cleaning Out Bed 2 N2 Plot Removing Withey vine Bed 2 N2 Plot 50% Complete 26/Aug/13  When time has allowed in between digging bed 2, watering and of course harvesting has been done. Sweetcorn is in abundance along with French climbing beans, Lettuce, Cucumber. Runner beans have been adequate but not in the abundant amounts of last season. Although some Red, White & Blackcurrants remain on the bushes they have been left for the birds to take, due to the vast amounts already in my freezer. Jam making was done last Friday and the remainder of last years frozen Strawberries were used for this, to make more room in the freezer for this weeks harvests. So far my Desiree Potatoes have been very good, with up to 12 ...

Cleaning Before Winter

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy