Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Vegetable Gardening - Vegetable gardening sites: personal, academic and commercial devoted to the topic of vegetable gardening , privately and

Forums     Market     Login   Signup

Vegetable Gardening

Manager:
Untitled document

Vegetable Gardening and Allotment (UK Community Gardens dedicated to vegetable growing) sites on the Web. Sites cover all aspects of veg growing, organic produce, compost making. Initially composed of UK sites but includes global links.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Should've Gone To Specsavers - 07/29/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-NmtGLQOFENc/UfWJkQA8ZyI/AAAAAAAAB-4/1J_37iQhy0o/s320/DSCF0841.JPG

Apart from 2 short posts recently its been almost 3 weeks since I've had time to sit down and reflect on happenings down my plots. The time has passed unnoticed, with a busy schedule of d.i.y., re-designing some areas of N2 Plot, harvesting and more seed sowing taking place. The main time consuming work has been harvesting currants. The hot weather up until last Tuesday has meant harvesting was best done on an evening to avoid continual standing in strong sunlight. The vast amount of currants ripening, especially Red currants has taken approximately 2 hours per evening for the last couple of weeks to harvest, with still more to pick in the coming week or so. To save myself time I have stopped weighing and recording the amount of fruit gathered. After a loud and angry thunder storm in the early hours of last Tuesday and some further rain later that morning the weather has cooled here slightly since, with more rain showers yesterday and today. Although the rainfall has only penetrated the soil a couple of inches, most plants are now refreshed, if not fully recovered from the last month or so's hot dry weather. By Tuesday midday the sun was back and it didn't take long for the soil to dry. I decided to clear the remaining Gooseberries from N1 Plot and set about stripping down the 4 bushes of their berries. I had already harvested several punnets of Gooseberries a couple of weeks ago but decided to pick the remaining berries, mainly due to the fact that one of the bushes was suf...

Should've Gone To Specsavers

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy