Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Adoption Ring - Founded in 1996, The Adoption Ring is the oldest & largest adoption-related webring on the Internet. Sites are selec

Forums     Login   Signup

The Adoption Ring

Subrings: Dear Birthmother Letters  
Manager: wr__tj
Founded in 1996, The Adoption Ring is the oldest & largest adoption-related webring on the Internet. Sites are selected to cover a wide array of experiences and viewpoints in human adoption. It includes sites for adoptees, foster and step-children, birth parents, foster parents, and adoptive parents. All those with educational, personal or non-profit service webpages regarding adoption and foster care are invited to submit their sites for possible inclusion. We accept no adoption agency, attorney, professional searcher, intermediary or therapist sites. Sites for individual adoption-related books are ok. All sites belonging either to potential adoptive parents, or birth mothers, may NOT have direct contact information, but must provide a contact to an agency or attorney ONLY. All existing sites will be brought into compliance.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Deconstructing the Baby Veronica Case: Implications for working with fathers in Indian - 10/04/2013
http://blog.lib.umn.edu/hhh/diversity/assets_c/2013/09/baby_veronica-thumb-300x225-163894.jpg

I'm really impressed that this has come together so fast.  And what an array of panelists and presenters!   If I were in the Minneapolis/St Paul area at the end of this month I know where I'd be. If anyone attends I'd love to get a report. Deconstructing the Baby Veronica Case: Implications for Working with Fathers in Indian Child Welfare Practice Tuesday, October 29th, 2013 8:30am - 4:00pm McNamara Alumni Center, UMN Federal and state laws, as well as agency policies and practice, play a significant role in how we work with fathers in Indian child welfare practice. In this forum, speakers and panelists with differing viewpoints will analyze the legal context of the "Baby Veronica" case for a closer look at father involvement. Practice strategies and policy recommendations will be a focal point. Read more about the event  here . Breakfast and lunch will be served and light snacks will be available throughout the day. 6 Board of Social Work CEUs will be available. CLEs have been applied for. Presenters Judge William Thorne Utah Court of Appeals Chrissi Nimmo Assistant Attorney General of  the Cherokee Nation Mark Fiddler Attorney representing the Capobianco Family Erma J. Vizenor Chairwoman, White Earth Nation Panelists Terry Cross Executive Director National Indian Child Welfare Association Essie Leoso-Corbine Social Services Director for Bad River Band of Ojibwe, Wisconsin Former Administrator in Tribal and County Systems Mary Boo Assistant Director Nort...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy