Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Adoption Ring - Founded in 1996, The Adoption Ring is the oldest & largest adoption-related webring on the Internet. Sites are selec

Forums     Login   Signup

The Adoption Ring

Subrings: Dear Birthmother Letters  
Manager: wr__tj
Founded in 1996, The Adoption Ring is the oldest & largest adoption-related webring on the Internet. Sites are selected to cover a wide array of experiences and viewpoints in human adoption. It includes sites for adoptees, foster and step-children, birth parents, foster parents, and adoptive parents. All those with educational, personal or non-profit service webpages regarding adoption and foster care are invited to submit their sites for possible inclusion. We accept no adoption agency, attorney, professional searcher, intermediary or therapist sites. Sites for individual adoption-related books are ok. All sites belonging either to potential adoptive parents, or birth mothers, may NOT have direct contact information, but must provide a contact to an agency or attorney ONLY. All existing sites will be brought into compliance.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ohio: Bastard Bard Mary Gauthier Comes to Columbus! - 05/03/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-AS86cEOGaTM/UYPFW2opooI/AAAAAAAANh8/m_UUldlOfz8/s400/Gauthier_Columbus.jpg

Save the date!  Distribute Freely!  The great bastard bard Mary Gauthier will be performing here in Columbus on May 18. I first ran into Mary  over 10 years ago on WCBE.  I'd never heard of her.  I don't remember the name of the song that was played and the word "adoption" wasn't mentioned once. But Wowza!   I shouted  "that's about being adopted." It was.  And I googled her. Since then I've been a big fan.  Her May 2010 CD The Foundling , is a tour d' force of her own adoption experience: The  songs (on The Foundling) tell the story of a kid abandoned at birth who spent a year in an orphanage and was adopted, who ran way from the adopted home and ended up in show business, who searched for birth parents late in life and found one and was rejected, and who came through the other side of all of this still believing in love --but speaks to us all no matter what our experience. It was named 3rd top CD of the year by the LA Times. My personal favorites are the title cut and "Blood is Blood".  What bastard can't  appreciate the absurdity of: adoptaspeak: When I was a child They told me, she loved you too much She didn't keep me 'cause my mother Loved me too much She left without a trail She didn't leave a trace Blood is blood and blood don't wash away Blood is blood and blood don't wash away An excellent interview with Mary was published in Pennyblack Music.com. Mary is a big supporter  and ...

Ohio: Bastard Bard Mary Gauthier Comes to Columbus!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy