Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
The Adoption Ring - Founded in 1996, The Adoption Ring is the oldest & largest adoption-related webring on the Internet. Sites are selec

Forums     Login   Signup

The Adoption Ring

Subrings: Dear Birthmother Letters  
Manager: wr__tj
Founded in 1996, The Adoption Ring is the oldest & largest adoption-related webring on the Internet. Sites are selected to cover a wide array of experiences and viewpoints in human adoption. It includes sites for adoptees, foster and step-children, birth parents, foster parents, and adoptive parents. All those with educational, personal or non-profit service webpages regarding adoption and foster care are invited to submit their sites for possible inclusion. We accept no adoption agency, attorney, professional searcher, intermediary or therapist sites. Sites for individual adoption-related books are ok. All sites belonging either to potential adoptive parents, or birth mothers, may NOT have direct contact information, but must provide a contact to an agency or attorney ONLY. All existing sites will be brought into compliance.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Ohio Report: April 17, 2013 Senate Committee Proponent Hearing on SB23 - 04/22/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QJc1Vaoi4Xo/UXXJnpkkL1I/AAAAAAAANgM/Akb8TImNbVQ/s200/Ohio_Seal.JPG

I'm late in getting this posted, but I wanted to file a short report on the April 17 hearing for  SB23 at the Ohio Senate Medicaid, Health, and Human Services Committee. You can also read an update on the ROAR site (Update #13). Wendy Bllitzer Barkett This was the first proponent hearing (the sponsor hearing was held on February 13). and consisted of two groups of witnesses.  The first were adoptees, some from out of state; the second "the experts." Kicking off the hearing was adoptee poet Wendy Blitzer Barker  who came all the way from Texas to tell her story and support the bill. She was followed by Jeffrey Costello (Atlanta),  Erin  Hopkins McHugh, Ohio firefighter  Stephen Kelly, and Julia Derry.  Some told jerk-around stories relating to their individual probate court request for non-ID, which indicated that some courts are or have been in the past, out of compliance with current Ohio non-ID laws. And  I was beginning to think I'd heard it all! Elizabeth Samuels These witnesses were followed by Professor Elizabeth J Samuels  (University of Baltimore Law School) presenting the history of sealed records in the US and former Maine State Senator Paula Benoit sponsor of the bill that restored the right to OBC access in her state. Also Betsy Keefer Smally , IHS Adoption Training Managing and Ohio Adoption Planning Group co-chair. Paula Benoit Finally, former opponents-turned-su...

Ohio Report: April 17, 2013 Senate Committee Proponent Hearing on SB23

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy