< Back 5   of   Next 5 >  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Industrial Archaeology & History - The Industrial Archaeology and History Ring contains sites of interest to industrial archaeologists and industrial histo

  Forums     Market     Login   Signup



Industrial Archaeology & History

Listed in:
Home > Entertainment & Arts > Humanities > History > Alternate History
Manager: iarecordings
The Industrial Archaeology and History Ring contains sites of interest to industrial archaeologists and industrial historians. Anyone with suitable web content is welcome to join the ring. Eg: sites relating to: wind & water power, steam & internal combustion engines, coal & metal mining, iron & steel industry, engineering, stone, brick, clay & glass industries, textiles, chemicals, public utilities, roads & bridges, rivers & canals, railways, ports & shipping would all be eligible to join.
 

Sponsored Links


   Meadow Colliery Memorial Gardens Preview Go
Based in the very soul of the Industrial Revolution, this site is still very much in the heart of it. And is produced in the remaining building's of the Meadow Colliery era.
   Railway Friends Society, Belgrade Preview Go
The site contains information about trains, locomotives and model railroads in Yugoslavia.
   State Mine Heritage Park & Railway Preview Go
Web site of the operating mining museum and railway established at the site of the former Lithgow State Mine, NSW, Australia. The State Mine Heritage Park and Railway is a showcase for the industrial history of the Western Coalfields


   The Lost Industries of Southwark Preview Go
A site to commemorate the industrial heritage of Southwark. The area was one of the great industrial centres of London, including a cottom mill of Boulton and Watts, the engineering works of John Rennie, the first tunnel built under a river, leather working, hat making and many food processing industries.
   Palmerston North Electrical Power Station Inc. Preview Go
The Electric Power Station, in Palmerston North, New Zealand, was built in 1923 and opened in 1924. It operated, mostly as a 'stand-by' generation plant until the early 1990s. Initially powered by three National gas engines, in 1936 two British Polar diesel engines were installed and these two remain - and still run. The building is slowly being transformed into an electrical museum.






Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy